While having fun, they aren't even aware they are developing reading and math skills. In addition, your child will gain the social skills necessary to succeed in Kindergarten. Through small and large group instruction and activities, teachers focus on every child as an individual enabling them to gain knowledge and thrive.
PRE-K3 & PRE-K4 CURRICULUM
Our preschool curriculum utilizes theme-based lessons to strengthen their emerging skills in reading, writing, science, technology, and math. Through teacher guided instruction and child-led exploration, Kindergarten readiness is fostered through balanced focus on effective communication, the ability to follow instruction, and how to work cooperatively with peers. Our curriculum expands on key building blocks. By embracing every moment as an opportunity to learn, all developmental areas are met, unlocking every child's potential.
- Creative Arts & Music: Together, we explore tempos and rhythms, sing in groups, learn about instruments of all kinds and create beautiful artwork, thanks to increasing hand-eye coordination.
- Physical & Well-Being: Learning to live a healthy, active life begins in the preschool years. Large motor activities along with small muscle strength are both necessary for building fine-motor skills and healthy bodies. They're developing large motor skills for sports and dance, and fine motor skills for writing and playing music.
- Language & Literacy: The preschool years are critical for language, literacy and a love of reading. Together with fostering verbal communication, reading and writing continue to develop through creative journaling and a classroom filled with labeled items expanding their vocabulary and sight word knowledge.
- Mathematics & Science: One day it's interactive learning on the whiteboard visiting an ocean through underwater webcams and the next day it's STEM activities or exploring abstract geometric patterns.
- Social & Emotional: Children are building confidence and self-esteem by choosing playtime partners, forming close bonds, and taking care of personal needs all by themselves.
- Cognitive: The development of reasoning skills allow preschool children to create innovative solutions as well as the ability to persist in solving difficult problems. It's all about the individual as we learn through a variety of themes and styles, so every child progresses naturally and without frustration.
LAYING A SOLID FOUNDATION
Your child is making big moves in preschool. They're progressing from learning letters to learning words, from using scissors to scientific experiments. Preschoolers ask questions nonstop and want to do more and more by themselves. It's an important time as preschoolers acquire the crucial skills necessary for them to enter Kindergarten -confident, well prepared and with the desire to learn!
LEARNING THROUGH PLAY
Our preschool teachers are warm, nurturing, committed early childhood professionals who are masters of finding exciting ways to encourage your child's development with hands-on activities, active participation, and exploration. Children thrive and develop in different ways, at Little Tykes, we cultivate an atmosphere that expands their innate abilities and builds on their strengths. Our educators encourage children with a "Learning is Fun" philosophy through play and positive reinforcement.